Monday, June 27, 2016

When You Can't Look at Another Pair of Lulus


The atomic-bomb-level explosion that occurred in the active-wear industry this past year has forced arguably every company that has ever existed to roll out their own fitness-clothing line (seriously, at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Pottery Barn added it’s own active-wear line). This influx of fitness-wear has proven to be both a blessing and a curse upon me: a blessing in the sense that I can wear leggings and sneakers just about anywhere and can still be considered fashion-forward. A curse in the sense that the amount of sleep lost/overage of data on my cell phone due to hours of scrolling through fitness wear websites can never be recovered.




Lucky for you, I decided to narrow the never-ending list of athleisure brands and supply you with a list of places that are worthy of going 4 GB over my data plan. I even divided them into categories because I’m having a rare inclination to be generous today. From the head honchos to the neophytes, here are the brands that will be supplying my Christmas presents for many years to come:

The Big Dogs: If I have to explain these to you, I don’t know what you’re even doing on this blog.
Lululemon
Nike
Adidas
Athleta

The Splurge: When it’s your birthday. Or a Monday.
Alala
Mara Hoffman
Cynthia Rowley
Tory Burch

The Save: When you need 8 pairs of leggings under 100 dollars.
Forever 21
Fabletics
Cory Vines
H&M Sport

The Conglomerates: Tons of brands. One shopping cart. Yas.
Bandier
Revolve Active-wear
Shopbop Active-wear
Carbon-38

If you don't waste at LEAST one night's rest on perusing through these websites, I either have failed you as an informant, or you have the self-control of Gandhi, in which case I applaud you.

No comments:

Post a Comment